Dog Cavaletti Kit
Cavaletti training for dogs is important for all dog sports including agility, obedience, doggy dancing and Rally O
BACK IN STOCK!
PLEASE NOTE due to the bulky nature of cavalettis, **COURIER COSTS are quoted and billed separately via Paypal ** Similarly, due it the size and weight of the box, we do not ship to PO Boxes as it is normally more economical to use courier instead of Aust Post.
Benefits of cavaletti training are:
• Improves hip rotation, extension and knee flexion
• Improves balance and proprioception
• Improves strength and endurance
• Improves rhythm and coordination
• Prepares a dog for jumping
• Improves stamina
• Adds variety to training and strength work
• Shortening the length between the poles helps a dog learn to collect
• Lengthening the space between the poles helps the dog to lengthen their stride
Cavaletis may be set at varying heights from the floor to the level of the hock. There are specific training that prescribe a higher height but are target at achieving different fitness goals - please only use higher heights under instruction from a fitness professional. It is recommended to start with the poles at GROUND level before raising.
The cavaletis should be approximately one and a half body lengths apart to start. Cavalettis at body length apart will work more balance and proprioception.
A cavaletti set consists of:
12 cones and 6 poles
Height of cones: 30cm with 3 separate height settings
Color - BLUE only cones with yellow interlocking poles of 1 m length
NOTE: Cavalettis used in the video demos below are a different make and size. The ones for sale are an improved size!