Chill Out Fido! How to calm Your Dog
Author: Nan Arthur
Publisher: Dogwise Publishing
Edition: 2009 Paperback, 189 pages
Does your dog go bonkers when the doorbell rings or when you grab the leash to take him for a walk? If you find your dog is often difficult to control, you are not alone! Getting your dog to calm down and relax is one of the most common challenges pet parents face. This two-part book will help you first identify the factors that cause this kind of behavior in dogs, then it provides you with eleven key training exercises to teach your dog how to calm down, pay attention to you, relax, and respond to every day situations with confidence and composure. Chill Out will show you how to help your dog become the great dog you always knew he could be.
Get results by learning about
• The interrelated factors that can cause your dog’s over-active behaviors.
• The impact that diet can have on your dog’s inability to relax.
• The basics of modern positive dog training that are the key to solving these common problems.
• How to reward your dog for relaxed behaviors—and avoid inadvertently reinforcing your dog’s wildness.
• Step-by-step training exercises that deal with the most common situations where dogs tend to have trouble staying calm.