Training Solutions for Weave Pole Problems & Proofing Exercises
Author: Rachel Sanders
Format: DVD, 1 discs, NTSC format
Running Time: 1 hour, 11 minutes
Release Date: August 2012
There are a variety of methods that can be used to train weave poles, and all of them can be successful. But regardless of which method you use to train your dog to weave, you can improve your dog’s understanding of the weave poles and achieve a more accurate and consistent performance by proofing the weave poles. The proofing exercises included on this DVD will cement your dog’s understanding of the obstacle and teach him to perform the poles independently even as you move to get to your next handling position.
In addition, specific exercises can be used to help put an end to many common weave pole problems:
- Dogs that don’t collect to enter the poles
- Dogs that struggle with difficult entries
- Dogs that pop out of the poles
- Dogs that skip poles
- Dogs that don’t like to touch the poles
- Dogs that have trouble with different types of poles & bases
- Dogs that won’t stay in the poles when you are ahead of them
- Dogs that can’t stay in the poles if you increase lateral distance or motion
Finally, the DVD provides maintenance weave pole work that is appropriate for all dogs throughout their competition career.